Thursday 29 April 2010

There Is No Stegosaurus In The Axbidge District Museum.



It's true, there isn't.
There's a story behind this, and a lot of it has to do with my trip to revisit my Grandad's old house in Axbridge, Sommerset. It will be the Title card of my Home movie, If I ever get round to developing the bloody Super-8 film, so just to fill you in on the basics;

The film and my work based upon it are to do with my childhood Illusions of Axbridge, a town I had not visited since the age of 6 years old. Perhaps the most grievous misinterpretation in my Child-like mind was that King John's Hunting Lodge, a 15th Century house and Local museum in the town Square contained a full Stegosaurus skeleton, which is insane because the place is tiny. My only explanation is that the trip to the museum was so hugely and terrifyingly boring that I was left to my own imagination to spice it up a bit. It is a notion that haunted me until about the age of 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment