Sunday 6 February 2011

An Apology

I'll not mince words; my neglect for this website has been terrible. I realise too late that I have fallen into the classic trap of blog posting, and risk becoming "that guy".
"That guy" who spent an idle afternoon causally setting up his blog and tweaking the settings, before embarking on a blatantly unsustainable schedule of posting. "That guy" who made, like, four posts before burning out, returning occasionally to wince at what could have been.
The internet is clogged with "That guys" blogs, useless flotsam of the information age, selfishly hogging all the good domain names.
We have all been "That guy".

So I'm back, with a series of guilt-induced mega-posts to welcome you belatedly into the New Year. Or Chinese New Year, I guess? Anyway, I was never entirely happy with the layout of the blog and the thought of slogging through miles of HTML to tamper erratically with the settings filled me with dread. So expect changes, frequent changes. The banner ought to be changing soon too, and with it, perchance a wallpaper? Who can say. It'll be an adventure, a glorious exciting adventure into dull coding. Do feel free to get back to me with advice and criticism too. Let me know what you think about the layout.

No apologies, though. I'm not going to wriggle out of this one. My lack of updating has mainly been due to my own laziness and it's only through the persistent nagging of my doting boyfriend that I was able to get going again. Thank you Sean, but please never drive me mad like that again. And thank you, loyal readers. Do I have loyal readers? Again, please feel free to let me know. It would make this all just a little more worthwhile.

Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment